Friday, August 24, 2012

a brief post of some thoughts


I went to the library last week and i picked up a book, whose author's name was somewhat familiar to me, The Humming Room (by Ellen Potter). As soon as I saw the painted cover I thought "this was done by Jason Chan!"

I don't know why I didn't realize it before. Ellen Potter is that simply amazing author, who wrote one of my favorite books The Kneebone Boy. She write the most awe-inspiring stuff. As you can see below The Kneebone Boy's cover art is also done by Jason Chan.


There's another book, The Girl Who Could Fly (by Victoria Foresester), a heartwarming story, and the cover art is (as ypu've probably guessed) done by Jason Chan. That guy really captures the characters personality, unlike some cover designers who read a paragraph of the description and start doodling random stuff.

1 comment: